Monday, August 01, 2005

What's Your Lifesong?

One of the things I love some much about Casting Crowns is their honesty and their ability to just praise God with all their ability and reach all types of music genre listeners. Their single "Lifesong" off their new album also called "Lifesong" picks up where they left off. Check out what I have to say about the lyrics below!

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

- You get so much out of this verse. It's amazing and powerful. You get the image of a man (or woman) just hurting inside. They're carrying something that is causing alot of pain. I imagine them raising their hands to the sky and saying, "Lord I am such a total screw-up, but I am going to keep on praising you in this rut I am in". WOW! So plain and well said.

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

- We should want to end our day at peace with God. We want Him to sign the end of our day like a person would end a letter or journey entry with their name as if to say "God, this day is and was yours".

Lord, I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet
So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

The song is Simply AMAZING!

No comments: