Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Miserable Mornings

Ugh. The past two mornings have been so miserable. I have the feeling of wanting to curl up in bed, yet I want to be awake. Morning depression. I've been reading through the book of Acts and I read a few chapters this morning looking for inspiration. I did actually find a verse:
Acts 12:5-6;11

5 Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant[a] prayer was offered to God for him by the church. 6 And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison.

11 And when Peter had come to himself, he said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people.”

The passage shows how Peter's life was spared, but James' wasn't. Why? The answer is the sovereign will of God. If we believe God is good and wise, we can trust that what He allowed to happen was part of His wise plan for the good of all His people. When we place our complete trust in the goodness of God, we can find true peace.

So I think of my aunt Chris, and I want to ask "why?" Why does she and our whole family have to suffer? I realize that she is being used by God as a part of His plan. WOW. God is working through Chris to change our lives and show His glory. It sure is not easy, and I sure feel like crap, but it is all working together, both good and bad, to bring glory. And I cannot wait for it to come.

No comments: