Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Chris' Letters - July 12th

These are letters I sent to Chris in 2006. My deepest regret was that I allowed myself to slip away from writing them to her. There are over 10 original letters I wrote to her. I hope there will be more. Whether she is able to read them or not, I will continue. These letters are raw and uncut. They are real. And if I hurt anyones feelings it was because I was not brave enough to confront what I said. Chris however did on Sunday October 14th, 2007 what I could not do. So, Chris, this is for you:
- October 15th, 2007

Good Morning! I had a good day yesterday. It was boring and long, but it went by a little fast. Ten and a half hours of kids is more than enough for me! Today it is 8 more hours of trying to manage sixty kids. I haven’t been able to sit and spend as much quiet time as I want, but last night was pretty good. I was able to read another chapter out of a book I am reading by Andy Stanley. I also cannot get Psalms out of my mind. I am trying to dissect each Psalm and for some reason, I have the urge to reread Psalm 2 and 3 over and over. One of the things I discovered yesterday was that I was very jealous. Lately I have had the mindset that God owes me. He owes me for the pain, bad grades, etc. Sometimes I see something in people that I wish that I had myself. How selfish, eh? I’ll expound more on it later. I just wanted to get the thought across that when we are jealous, we are usually thinking God owes us. And when we are jealous we may treat those who are better off or have things that we don’t have differently.

So I was defiantly looking at Psalm 3 last night, and I love a few things about it:

Psalm 3
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver him."
Selah [a]
3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift [b] up my head.
4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah
5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.
7 Arise, O LORD!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.
8 From the LORD comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.
Selah
Just a few observations that I saw noteworthy! See you in the morning! I am off to work!!

No comments: