Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Chris' Letters - July 11th

These are letters I sent to Chris in 2006. My deepest regret was that I allowed myself to slip away from writing them to her. There are over 10 original letters I wrote to her. I hope there will be more. Whether she is able to read them or not, I will continue. These letters are raw and uncut. They are real. And if I hurt anyones feelings it was because I was not brave enough to confront what I said. Chris however did on Sunday October 14th, 2007 what I could not do. So, Chris, this is for you:
- October 15th, 2007

So now it is July 11th! You kind of get a two in one deal today. I hate to start things on odd days, even ones just seem to be holier! HA! So how has your day been? Did you spend the morning chasing Laura, or did you spend it with God. You probably did both…which is okay, you just need to tie Laura to a string in the backyard and just let her go free for awhile. She should enjoy that. Make sure to leave some water and food out for her as it does get a little hot. Alright, I am just kidding….maybe. Sometimes all you need to do is just watch Laura and see God in her.

Anyways, today, while goofing off with the kids at work, they decided to capture me, tie me up, and then put me on the scooters. Of course, I helped them with all of this, but it was funny to watch them capture me with hoola-hoops, and tie me up with jump ropes. So they created a cage for me and let me “sleep”. Of course, there were a few that tried to rescue me, but I just lied there waiting for someone to fully untie me. What caught me off guard was when one of the girls said that I needed a companion. Wow. I thought of the Great Story. About how we all long for something more, that in the Great Story we are the captured ones waiting to be rescued. The companion is the one in the Great Story that stays by my side at all times giving me encouragement. Amazing! We all long for something bigger and greater and want to be rescued.

Numbers 10:9
When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the LORD your God and rescued from your enemies.

Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old (ahem…young) age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Timothy 4:18
The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

He is and will rescue you. He is our rescuer, defender, fortress, strong tower.
We are the rescued ones!


This song is called “Rescued Ones” by Robbie Seay Band from their album “Better Days Ahead”. They traveled with David Crowder Band and played at Lee last spring.

Well….dangit…I couldn’t find the lyrics online, and I was too lazy to type ‘em up. So here is “Every Season” by Nichole Nordeman. Which talk about the seasons we go through in our life…summer, autumn, winter, spring. Enjoy!
----
Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children's games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer

And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn

And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season's change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me



Now go…listen to your music, read His Word, speak to Him, spend time with Henry and Laura…I’ll see you in the morning….that is if you decide to sleep till noon, which you shouldn’t, because I’d be VERY jealous!

Trent

No comments: