Monday, September 04, 2006

When people that seem invincible aren't

So I am on nerves end with the death of Steve Irwin.

Most of you know how I was a fan of his show and life. I have not followed him much in the past 2-3 years, so when I opened my homepage to a picture of him and the word Dead, I was shocked. I am still sickened to the stomach as I type this in the Student Union hearing his voice over the television behind me. I could go on, but the main thing that got me to post this was my dissapointment in the humanity of people. I have seen so many friends laugh at the fact that he is dead. They laugh that this guy that seemed so huge was killed by something so little. They are dissapointed. I am dissapointed in them. Apparently respect and a sensitivity to humanity is not important to them and I will take note.

Trent

No comments: