Thursday, March 16, 2006

SuperSonic Praise, Homos and Toilet Paper

Here are a few pictures from the SonicFlood concert tonight, I have 3 more days of concerts to attend in my concert-a-thon. More details as the days progress! But tonight I saw SonicFlood for the second time and they were very good except for the audio issues (they needed you CW!). I was confroned with something that I didn't like to be confronted with: selfishness. Through an illustration with Compassion Int., they showed us how we are so selfish. Good Stuff.

Today was the first day Equality Ride, a "Christian" Gay group protesting our community covenant of not allowing homosexuals at Lee. They were all over the Ped Mall as I went to Psychology, so I turned up my iPod and dodged them and their flyers. At chapel it looked like they would be staying outside, but I got in there and after a minute or two I noticed two lesbians right infront of me and three in the row infront. Now, I am not homophobic, but it was wierd. Their co-directer, whom I have no respect for was going around and throwing his hand out to shake hands. He was not very friendly. However, all the student riders were, and I felt sorry for them as they were being led down a deeper pit by stone-hearted leaders. Others chatted with them, but I just watched. The co-directors sat right in front with some other people and while the other riders worshipped through the 3 songs, the directors seemed to just look around for something to protest about. When Dr. Conn spoke, he talked about the cliche "Love the sinner, but not the sin". He said nothing about homosexuality, and the riders who were around me laughed and listened with the rest of us.
They had a concert with a gay Christian band, which 3 of my buds went to check out, which I advised them that it might not be the best thing, but I respect them. They got frusterated when at a press conference one of the co-founders made up a bunch of crap about Paul Conn's message at chapel. My pals were very aggitated. They continued to chat with people around the Ped Mall, Alumni Park, Cafeteria, and Student Union. At dinner they sat with people and my group had the chance to talk to a friend of someone who left a year ago.
Interesting....tomorrow is day two, hopefully things will be peaceful.

Two pictures, one of Becky's car a few days ago and one of Sonicflood.

Trent

Becky's nice car!


SonicFlood's SuperSonic Praisin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY TRENT! WE WERE JUST CHECKING TO MAKE SURE YOU WERE STILL GONNA BE FREE LEE DAY WEEKEND> WE ARE COMING UP FRIDAY THE 7th and we were hoping to see you. JUST LET US KNOW PLEASE!